Last updated 9th June 2018
Your privacy: our General Data Protection Regulation compliance statement
This is a statement of the General Data Protection Regulation compliance policy that is adopted by Little Van Rouge for delivering our services. Little Van Rouge will, when delivering these services, collect and use personal information only which is relevant to the work that we are undertaking and which will be controlled, stored and processed in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), howsoever it is collected, recorded and used; whether it be on paper, in electronic media form (e.g. in a computer system), or recorded by other means.
We consider the lawful and correct treatment of personal information by the company as critical in maintaining the confidence of our customers; we therefore manage and process personal information lawfully and correctly.
Information is defined under the GDPR as being Personal Information if any of the following criteria are met:
- Can a living individual be identified from the data, or, from the data and other information in the possession of, or likely to come into the possession of, the data controller?
- Does the data “relate to” the identifiable living individual, whether in their personal or family life, business or profession?
- Is the data “obviously about” a particular individual?
- Is the data “linked to” an individual so that it provides particular information about that individual?
- Is the data used, or is it to be used, to inform or influence actions or decisions affecting an identifiable individual?
- Does the data have any biographical significance in relation to the individual?
- Does the data focus or concentrate on the individual as its central theme rather than on some other person, or some object, transaction or event?
- Does the data impact or have the potential to impact on an individual, whether in a personal, family, business or professional capacity?
We adhere to the Principles of Data Protection, as set out in The Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), which come into force in May 2018.
Specifically, these Principles require that personal information:
- Shall be processed fairly and lawfully and, in particular, shall not be processed unless specific conditions are met.
- Shall be obtained only for one or more specified and lawful purposes, and shall not be further processed in any manner incompatible with that purpose or those purposes.
- Shall be adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to the purpose or purposes for which they are processed.
- Shall be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date.
- Shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes. Shall be processed in accordance with the rights of data subjects under the Act.
- Appropriate technical and organisational measures shall be taken against unauthorised or unlawful processing of personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal data.
- Shall not be transferred to a country or territory outside the European Economic Area unless that country or territory ensures an adequate level of protection for the rights and freedoms of data subjects in relation to the processing of personal data.
Little Van Rouge will, through appropriate management and by strict application of criteria and controls:
- Observe fully the conditions regarding fair collection and use of information.
- Meet its legal obligations to specify the purposes for which information is used.
- Collect and process appropriate information and only to the extent that it is needed to fulfil operational needs or to comply with any legal requirements.
- Ensure that the quality and accuracy of information used is adequate and is maintained.
- Apply strict checks to determine the length of time information is held and that it is stored for no longer than is necessary.
- Ensure that the rights of people about whom information is held are able to be fully exercised under the Act and Regulations. These include: the right to be informed that processing is being undertaken, the right of access to one’s personal information, the right to prevent processing in certain circumstances and the right to correct, rectify, block or erase information.
- Take appropriate technical and organisational security measures to safeguard personal information.
- Ensure that personal information is not transferred abroad to countries to which transfers are not permitted under the GDPR.
The information storage and processing systems used by Little Van Rouge are designed to ensure that:
- Should you have an enquiry relating to data protection, you may contact us by telephone on 07980 662 930 , via e-mail at email@example.com, or via the contact form on our web site.
- Everyone handling, managing and working with personal information understands that they are contractually and legally responsible for following the GDPR and good data protection practice.
- Anyone wanting to make enquiries about personal information knows how to do so.
- Queries about personal information are promptly and courteously dealt with, in accordance with the GDPR.
- Methods of handling, managing and working with personal information are clearly described.
- A regular review and audit is made of the way personal information is managed.
- Methods of handling, managing and working with personal information are regularly reviewed, assessed and evaluated.
- The performance of the methods and process is regularly reviewed, assessed and evaluated.
Information processing – general
We do not undertake automated decision making about, or profiling of personal data.
Data subjects have a right, as set out in the GDPR, to obtain the personal information which is stored and used by us, and can obtain this information by contacting the Data Protection Officer whose details are given in this document. The data comprising the personal information will be delivered to the data subject in a secure manner and in a format which is readily accessible using common proprietary data access tools (such as word processor document or spreadsheet viewer programs).
GDPR compliant policy for marketing and general information
What information we collect
We acquire and use information relating to individuals for use in our sales and services activities.
Our customers provide some of this information directly so we can provide services or when contacting us for the purposes of making an enquiry.
We also obtain information by recording how persons use our websites by means of receiving written enquiries and usage data from relevant forms hosted on our website.
If you are requested by us to provide your personal data, you may of course decline to do so. However, if you do choose not to provide data that is necessary to enable us to provide a service to you, we may not be able to deliver that service to you.
The information that we obtain may be dependent upon the nature and context of your enquiry. The information that we collect can include the following:
Name and contact data
We collect your first and last name, postal address, phone number and e-mail address.
Where it is necessary to process your payment, sensitive information such as your credit card number and security code are not collected by Little Van Rouge: the payment is processed using external secure processing websites operated by our bank and the information is not processed or stored by our systems or personnel.
We may collect the content of any data files and communications that you may send us, together with any physical documents that you may give us for whatever reason. Data we collect may include:
- the address, subject line and body of an email,
- text or other content of an instant message,
- audio and video recording of a video message or attachment, and
- audio recording and transcript of a telephone call or voice message you send to us or receive from us.
What we use the data we collect for
We use the data that we collect to operate our business and to deliver the services that we provide, to send communications.
We use information which we collect to communicate with our customers. We may contact you by telephone or by e-mail or other means regarding a booking, a cancellation, or a service that we intend to provide.
For information about how to manage, edit or to delete contact data which contains your personal information, please use the How to access & control your personal data found in this privacy statement.
We retain data for no longer than 24 months, unless we obtain your consent to retain the data for a longer period.
How to access & control your personal data
You can submit a request to view, edit or delete any personal data that we hold.
You may do so by submitting a request in writing or by using our contact form. We will respond to requests to access or delete your personal data within 30 days.
Some of our websites include social media cookies, including those that enable users who are logged in to the social media service to share content via that service.
Universal Google Analytics
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our website. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the website. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the website and blog, where visitors have come to the website from and the pages they visited.
Neither Little Van Rouge or Google associate your IP address with any personally identifiable information.
A mixture of both persistent and session cookies are used to enable Google to determine whether you are a return visitor to this site and to track the pages that you visit during your session.
More information about Google's policies can be read here.
How to control cookies
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but provide controls that allow you to block or delete them. Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies, however, blocking cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of some websites.
Certain features of our websites depend upon cookies. Please be aware that if you choose to block cookies, you may not be able to sign in or use those features, and preferences that are dependent on cookies may be lost. If you choose to delete cookies, the settings and preferences controlled by those cookies will be deleted and may need to be recreated.
You can opt out of data collection or use by some of third analytics providers by clicking the following links:
- Google Analytics: tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout (requires you to install a browser add-on)
Changes to this privacy statement
We will update this privacy statement when necessary to reflect customer feedback and changes in our services. When we post changes to this statement, we will revise the “last updated” date at the top of the statement. If there are material changes to the statement or in how we will use your personal data, we will notify you either by prominently posting a notice of such changes before they take effect or by directly sending you a notification. We encourage you to periodically review this privacy statement to learn how we are protecting your information.
How to contact us
If you have a privacy concern, complaint or a question, please contact us by using our contact form. We will respond to questions or concerns within 30 days.
Unless otherwise stated, Little Van Rouge is a data controller for personal data we collect through the products subject to this statement.